Policies/Terms & Waiver
**** You will be asked to sign an online copy of our ‘waiver and release form’ below before participating in any of Play & Beyond classes and one-to-one program ****
POLICIES AND TERMS OF CONDITION
General Policies for Classes
- Please, no cell phones during classes.
- Adults participants are not allowed to take any pictures during class, unless verbal consent has been given by all the other adults in class prior to the start of the class.
- All our classes are adult participation classes, children will not be allowed to remain in the classroom if the responsible adult is not present.
- Children and adults may participate in all classes barefoot, however, at specific locations such is mandatory.
- Siblings may be brought to class by one adult, if such feels s/he will be able join and assist the children successfully.
- Play & Beyond will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All strollers should be stowed in the stroller parking area designed by the host venue.
- No food, drinks, or gum in the classroom.
- Please do not bring your child to Play & Beyond if they are showing any signs of illness including a runny nose, cough or fever. We will gladly arrange for a make-up class. Play & Beyond reserves the right to deny a sick child participation in our classes.
- Play & Beyond offers two options for online class registration: (a) sign up for drop in class – days or hours before class and your place is guaranteed. (b) purchase a package of 10 classes with a 10% discount, and reserve your class(s) at the time of purchase or afterwards. The package is valid beyond a semester, so even if the package classes are not entirely used during that semester, remaining classes can still be reserved on the following semester.
- We have a limit of 10 or 12 places depending on location due to classroom size. If our registration system – through hisawyer – allows the registration to be complete online means that your place is guaranteed otherwise it would show as class full.
- Drop-ins and Classes included in our packages are subject to availability, and unless prior registration has been completed via our site (hisawyer registration page), places cannot be guaranteed.
- We highly recommend participants to register for classes online, even if it’s hours before class, to avoid disappointment with a potential full class.
- Please contact us to find out about registering for one-to-one program.
Cancellation, Make–up Classes and Refund Policies
- All classes cancellations must be done at least one week prior to the booked class, due to the small capacity of our classes and our flexible registration approach. Once you contact us to cancel your reservation, a class credit will be added to your account. Should you choose to not attend a reserved class and fail to cancel the reservation at least one week prior to the class, you will be offered a make-up class if the child is ill. If you have reached the make-up limit or there is no availability, you will forfeit any payment associated with the reservation.
- We allow for 2 make-up classes per semester, in case of illness. Please contact us to find out what the make-up options are for that semester. Make-ups for missed days are on a case by case basis, pending availability.
- Play & Beyond does not offer refund to those registered for a class or for class package purchased, under any circumstance. We believe our flexible approach to registration, drop in classes and our class package offer exclude the need for refunds.
- Play & Beyond reserves the right to cancel any class at least one hour prior to the start of the class, registered participants will be notified by email, and full fee will be refunded to those signed up.
- We collect information from you when you register personally for our one-to-one program and on our site via our partner hisawyer. When registering, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: (a) To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. (b) To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for registration, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registered class, in addition to receiving occasional news and updates, etc.
- We partnered with hisawyer in order to make class registration faster and safer. Please check hisaywer policies – https://www.hisawyer.com/sawyer_orders_terms – for your piece of mind.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
In consideration for participating in any and all classes, activities or other programs organized and delivered by Play & Beyond LLC (hereafter, Play & Beyond), the undersigned, on his or her behalf, and on behalf of the participant(s) identified below, acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees on the following:
- I represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant(s) named below, or I have obtained permission from the parent/legal guardian of the participant(s) named below to execute this Waiver and Release on their behalf. I understand that if I become the parent or legal guardian of an additional child or children subsequent to the date of signing this Waiver and Release Agreement, this Agreement shall also inure to the additional child(ren) should they participate in any activity organized and delivered by Play & Beyond and shall be binding with respect to any additional child(ren) in addition to the child(ren) listed below.
- I agree that the participant(s) named below and I shall comply with all Play & Beyond terms, signs, rules and written and verbal instructions of Play & Beyond’s staff as conditions for taking part in any of the activities organized and delivered by Play & Beyond, including the following (a) parents/caregivers assume full responsibility for the conduct of their children while participating in Play & Beyond’s activities, (b) parents/caregivers must remain on the activities’ room at all times, (c) parents/caregivers are responsible for their children’s supervision and safety during Play & Beyond’s activities (d) no child who is sick or has a communicable medical conditional may be brought to Play & Beyond’s activities (e) sharp objects are not permitted in the activities’ room (f) parents/caregivers agree to follow the rules of the facility at which Play & Beyond’s activities take place. By signing this Agreement, I expressly agree on behalf of myself and the participant(s) named below that we understand and shall comply with such rules.
- I understand and agree to assume all the risk of my participation in any activity, class or program organized and delivered by Play & Beyond at any location.
- I, in behalf of myself and participant(s) listed below, knowingly and voluntarily assume all the risk, know and known, related to participating in any and all activities organized and delivered by Play & Beyond, and accept there are also risks that may arise due to the actions, omissions or negligence of other participants, which I also knowingly and willingly assume.
- I, in behalf of myself and participant(s) listed below, knowingly and voluntarily assume all the risk related to using the locations at which Play & Beyond’s activities take place; including, without limitations, any loss or theft of any personal object.
- By executing this agreement, I, on behalf of myself and participant(s) listed below, our heirs, assigns, representatives and next of kin, agree to hold harmless, release and waive and indemnify Play & Beyond from any injuries, illness, medical condition, loss, liability, damage or cost due to the participation by me and the participant9s) listed below in Play & Beyond’s activities.
- I, on behalf of myself and the participant(s) below, represent that I/we am/are of physical ability to participate in Play & Beyond’s activities, that the participant(s) named below are of the appropriate age to participate in Play & Beyond’s activities, and I am legally competent to understand and complete this Waiver and Release Agreement. I hereby execute this Waiver and Release Agreement without coercion.
- I understand that this is a permanent waiver and shall apply to all Play & Beyond activities.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Waiver and Release Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- I agree that should I or my successors or any other parent or guardian of the participant(s) listed below or the participant(s) listed below or anyone on their behalf assert any claim in contravention of this agreement, the asserting party shall be liable for the expenses incurred by the other party or parties in defending against any such action.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance and any dispute hereunder resolved in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without reference to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- EACH PARTY AND PARENT/GUARDIAN ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT(S) HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY PLAY & BEYOND ACTIVITIES.